Friday 18 October 2013

Experimenting with Ink , bleach and fine Liner

Before working back into my sketchbook i wanted to experiment more this week with ink, bleach and other mark making to find a medium that worked within the theme " Dishevelled Evolution." I created these pieces by adding ripped paper together, drawing over in Ink and finishing off stitching into them . I wanted to create the look that knitwear has when its laddered and ripped, and so reworked into the art work with bleach, This created an unusual colour that is perfect for my colour scheme. These pieces of art work can be interpreted by having them on collage to represent fabrics, and also developed to make prints on some garments.
 Above could represent the rips in a fabric, or ladders in a knit , it could also be used as a print on garments,

Above - ink and bleach to create this rusted effect, i could do this on a piece of fabric to see what effect could be achieved 


above: black ink , bleach and scratched with cocktail stick to create texture.

I also tried out these effects on different papers, this graph paper works great by the dishevelled messy ink and bleach contrasting with the straight lines across the paper.

the rounded ink and bleach represent bobbles and loops in knitwear, mixed with laddered knit ( lined bleach)










I then scanned images into the computer and tried to manipulate them in a way that would work with my concept theme and colour palette.


Overall this week has allowed me to loosen up with my work and really get to grips with what my collection should be about: layering different weighted fabrics, rips, bleached fabrics and knits that are laddered and looped.  

No comments:

Post a Comment