Tuesday 12 November 2013

Using collage to aid designing

To help me in the process of designing i collaged a number of interesting clothing and my artwork to inspire me to create clothing, below are some of my design sketchbook pages.


I have tried to have a more dishevelled look to my clothing, using ink stains and textured knits/ladders. Using collage has helped to think of ideas that i wouldn't of usually.

 This collage is a silk chemise contrasting with the chunky looped coatigan (coat and cardigan) The silk nightie however has an unusual dishevelled grunge look as it has ink stains up the front, not just any coffee stain but placed in a wavy line diagonally and bleeding the colour out from the main line. 




i also used my bleach artwork as inspiration to create clothing using ripped chiffon  and laying the fabric over eachother to re create the image above. 
ripped and torn layers, sewn together and bleached to look burnt out and dishevelled.





Overall i am working to make my sketchbook link my theme better using more worn fabrics and laddered knits. Thinking more about the theme and not just what i like, trying to aim for the target customer which is a 25-30 fashion concious female with a grown up grunge attitude to clothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment