Monday 22 July 2013

Be Hold Be Still by Advan Matthew

Looking for research on my theme i came across a article at Indonesia In Fashion blog, which was a fashion editorial that i felt linked to my work. With the use of black and white filter it gives a dusty wreckage feel to the editorial.



I feel this editorial has a homelessness feel to it, with wreckage and destruction in the background. Also the styled clothing are an overlay of different garments to give that 'grunge' feel to them. Idvan Matthew styled this in a "post apocalyptic" way, looking at the definition of apocalypse (see bottom of blog) is an event involving destruction or damage, which i feel is exactly what a force of nature can do. 



I have looked into the 'post apocalyptic fashion' in which i found many styled shoots of layered fabrics, in a tattered and worn style. Which connects to the homelessness and destruction parts of my research.

Images taken from IndonesiaInFashion

No comments:

Post a Comment