Wednesday 31 July 2013

Post Apocalyptic fashion

Looking further into the post apocalyptic fashion i found a number of images that inspire me in designing.I feel a lot of the imagery found can also go into the homelessness category as there are a lot of worn fabrics and layering. Knitwear and jersey are a popular fabrics also used in the research.


Key words:   Disheveled, worn, torn, jersey.


knit layering


tassling

ripping jersey fabric

leather, zips. layering


layer texture inspiration

post apocalyptic heels, nuts and bolts


layering clothing

fur and tassels






textured fabrics





hoods, belts, buckles, tassels


knitwear worn






1 comment:

  1. I really love this blog .I think "Lagenlook" silhouettes really lend to what you have named Post Apocalyptic fashion which encompasses a sort of couture feel I see a lot of Alexander Mcqueens early work within this style .I hope we see more designers with this point of view...I find this style beautiful but often unless you make things your self this style is very expensive and unattainable for the average working class person but I guess lending itself to the DIY sect is the point maybe as in a real Post Apocalyptic world everything would be DIY and made with found or recycled materials

    ReplyDelete