Wednesday 26 February 2014

Knitting madness

I caved in and got my knitting machine out again, I wanted to try and explore more than just knit but I feel that knit is back in a huge way. Even if it is a  Su
mmer collection. People wear cardigans on the beach at night in front of the fire, and my collection has a casual  element, which should include baggy knits and throw on jumpers .



After many tears and tantrums I finally got it working, as the tension was completely off and was leaving me with tight knotted knits, this accidental mess however would of been perfect for my last collection. So after casting on my knitting machine at least over 50 times due to the machine being tight or dropping stitches. I got a few of these samples done. They seem quite thick and bulky for a summer collection but again, people wear knits all year round.





Love this lace with a looser knit, would be great all over or just randomly placed round the neckline of a jumper or as a shoulder piece. 


These knits seem like statement pieces, which would work with a pair of plain trousers and a loose jersey top. To contrast against the crazy knitted madness. 








No comments:

Post a Comment