Wednesday 26 February 2014

Lazer cutting



I spend last Tuesday creating and cutting neoprene with the laser , although the samples look like doilies, some of the patterns will be used as a block pattern across the whole garment. I think this is unusual as I wouldn't venture into different ways to manipulate fabric I tend to stay into the print/knit element. I love the way this turned out and inspired me to think of ways to place plastic and other iridescent fabrics behind the neoprene to make a kitsch collection. 



Firstly we worked out how deep the burn line would go to just touch the surface as I had some patterns that didn't cut right through . 




Above are some of the finished pieces, I wanted a girly floral look, much like the Louis Vuitton s/s 2012 collection . However I may make it more edgier using a less symmetrical placement of pattern and more random sized. 







No comments:

Post a Comment